Keith Seitz wrote: > On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 10:23, Bernhard Walle wrote: > >>>I presume you mean "continue", not "run"... >> >>No, I mean "Run Method: (X) Run program". If I choose "Continue from >>Last Stop", nothing works. I simple want Insight to do the same as GDB >>if I type "target remote /dev/ttyS14". > > > Unless gdb has changed substantially since the last time I used a remote > target, one never uses "run" on a remote target. It doesn't make any > sense: there's no process to create. [It's a subtle difference, but > that's what gdb does.] > > When you download a program to the target, gdb sets the PC to the start > address. "Continuing" the program will start its execution. Well, you're right the "process" is still running and it sounds logic. But simply it doesn't work without run, Insight is hanging. Insight should simply do the same as "target remote" does. >>It's simply not possible. Because the dialog is opened, this debug >>window is not accessible and because I cannot close that dialog ... > > Set GDBTK_DEBUG to non-zero and GDBTK_DEBUGFILE to a filename in your > environment before running. This will save all the debugging information > into $GDBTK_DEBUGFILE. Thanks, output attached. Regards, Bernhard