public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: MWCruess@cs.com
To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Insight on Windows NT w/cygwin
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I have am having trouble building a working version of Insight for a
Windows NT host.  Insight builds, but when I run it nothing appears
to happen.  I just get a shell prompt.  When I use the -nw option the
command line interface seems to work fine.

I downloaded and installed a completely new cygwin environment a
few days ago.  The binary of gdb/insight that comes with cygwin works,
although debugging the binary that I built gives odd results.  The program
under debug will suddenly exit with no indication of what happened.  When
single-stepping I have seen a function entered with the return statement
highlighted, then one more step causes an earlier statement to be
highlighted.  The behavior changes from run to run on the same binary.
This has me wondering if I have a compiler problem.

If any of this sounds familiar, I would appreciate some advice.  The Solaris
version built first time and runs great, but I don't have much experience
with the Windows system.

Thanks,
Michael