public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Gene Smith <gds@chartertn.net>
To: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Set argc and argv in insight
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Keith Seitz wrote:
> arkkimede wrote:
>> How I can pass the parameters argc and argv to a program running in
>> the insight debugger?
>
> Two options:
>
> 1) Open a console window and enter the normal gdb command ("set args ...")
Clarification: This is Insight's console, not an OS console.
I think you can also enter "run arg1 arg2 .." to set the arguments
(arguments are space separated). Enter just "set args" with no arguments
to clear the argument list for subsequent runs. Put "set args ..." in
gdbinit to have the args always set and used.

> 2) File->Target Settings... there is a place to enter arguments
Would that be the place that says "Command to issue after attaching:"?
That doesn't sound like arguments.

I don't usually pass arguments since I mainly use insight and gdb for
embedded work. But occasionally I do and always forget how.