public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-12  6:26 Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-04-12  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Once again, I need to get insight by CVS but nowhere on the insight page
does it explain how to do so. I'm sure it can be done because I did it at my
previous company. A search of the mailing list didn't get me anything,
probably because I'm not searching correctly. So can someone lend me a
helping hand? Also, if someone with a little time on their hands could add
this info to the download section of the Insight page, it would be greatly
appreciated!

Laurent Duperval < mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com >

* Re: Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-12  7:23 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-04-12  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once again, I need to get insight by CVS but nowhere on the insight page
> does it explain how to do so. I'm sure it can be done because I did it at my
> previous company. A search of the mailing list didn't get me anything,
> probably because I'm not searching correctly. So can someone lend me a
> helping hand? Also, if someone with a little time on their hands could add
> this info to the download section of the Insight page, it would be greatly
> appreciated!

Just look in the GDB page.  Instead of using "gdb" as the module, use
"insight".  Please note that the CVS trunk version is development code.

We will add the CVS bit to the page.  Thanks for reporting it.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300

* Re: Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-12  7:26   ` Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-04-12  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fnasser; +Cc: insight

On 12 Apr, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Just look in the GDB page.  Instead of using "gdb" as the module, use
> "insight".  Please note that the CVS trunk version is development code.

Uhm... yeah, shoulda thought of that.

@ 2001-04-12 21:38   ` Ganesan Rajagopal
From: Ganesan Rajagopal @ 2001-04-12 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Just look in the GDB page.  Instead of using "gdb" as the module, use
> "insight".  Please note that the CVS trunk version is development code.

> We will add the CVS bit to the page.  Thanks for reporting it.

One word of caution; if you do a "cvs update -dP ." after checking out
insight you get a lot of other stuff that you don't really need. -d option
is a problem at the top level.

Ganesan

* Re: Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-16  9:06 ` Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-04-16  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Apr, Keith Seitz wrote:
> Maybe someone updated this very, very recently, but it appears to be on
> there already under the "download" heading:

It was added very, very recently. Thanks to who did it so quickly.

* Re: Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-13 13:11 Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-04-13 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lduperval; +Cc: Insight Maling List

Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Once again, I need to get insight by CVS but nowhere on the insight page
> does it explain how to do so. I'm sure it can be done because I did it
> at my previous company. A search of the mailing list didn't get me
> anything, probably because I'm not searching correctly. So can someone
> lend me a helping hand? Also, if someone with a little time on their hands
> could add this info to the download section of the Insight page, it would
> be greatly appreciated!

Maybe someone updated this very, very recently, but it appears to be on
there already under the "download" heading:

  Development version:

      Get the very latest sources.
        .  ftp: Download them from the snapshots directory: ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/ or check the list of mirrors for a more
           local site.
        .  CVS: Check out read-only copies from the GDB CVS repository with commands like these:

          cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src login
          {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
          cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co insight dejagnu

          Checking out and building both insight and dejagnu is recommended.
        .  WWW: Browse the current CVS repository files over the web by the CVSweb interface.
      Utilities often used when building gdb (such as texinfo and automake) are also available from the pub/gdb/infrastructure and pub/binutils
      directories.

Keith