public inbox for java-announce@gcc.gnu.org
* First release of gnome-gcj
@ 2000-08-03  8:35 Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2000-08-03  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'java-announce@sources.redhat.com'

-----Original Message-----
From:	Oskar Liljeblad [SMTP:osk@hem.passagen.se]
Sent:	Thursday, August 03, 2000 4:25 AM
To:	java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject:	First release of gnome-gcj

(I know this is not an announcement list, but I don't know how to
submit to java-announce. I hope it is ok to post this here.)

I am pleased to announce the first public release of gnome-gcj:

gnome-gcj
=========

The gnome-gcj project aims to create a complete set of bindings for GTK+
and Gnome in the Java language; specificly the GCJ/libgcj Java platform.
Cygnus Native Interface (CNI) will be used as the interface between C/C++
and Java.

The gnome-gcj project is hosted on SourceForge. The homepage of gnome-gcj,
the bug tracking system, the mailing lists etc can be found here:

  http://gnome-gcj.sourceforge.net

About this release

The current release of gnome-gcj is a development release, and should be
treated as alpha quality. Many changes are likely to be made to the Java
Gtk/Gnome API, and especially the format of the .defs files. However, it
is still usable - most Gtk widgets are implemented. Exotic data structures
like GtkStyle are not implmented yet, and neither are any Gnome widgets.

Oskar Liljeblad (osk@hem.passagen.se)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-08-03  8:35 UTC | newest]