* [ANNOUNCE] Gcc 3.0 released. Features Java language support.
@ 2001-06-19 8:50 Alexandre Petit-Bianco
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2001-06-19 8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1304 bytes --]
The GCC team announced that GCC 3.0 was officially released this Monday
It is the first gcc release to officially and seamlessly provide
support for the Java language.
sources.redhat.com and our primarily mirror ftp.freesoftware.com are
being severely hit at this time and you might want to grab your
snapshots from secondary mirrors ( http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html , see
the attached document if you still can't access this webpage.)
On behalf of all those who care about Java, we would like to thank all
our contributors. For example, fully integrating Java with the GCC
tree and making it compliant with the GCC 3.0 release criteria
required a lot of work that regular Java contributors and main GCC
contributors very gracefully undertook. If you ever used the Gnu Java
toolchain, reported bugs against it, submitted patches, sent
suggestions, ported and/or tested it on new platforms and more
generally hacked on it; this thank you note goes directly to you.
Being one of the languages of the 3.0 release is a lot to be excited
about. It will improve the visibility of our work which will lead to
more contributions, bug reports, testing work and suggestions for
And remember, if it's not free, it doesn't exist!
[-- Attachment #2: mirrors.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 3112 bytes --]
GCC mirror sites
These sites mirror the GCC ftp directory directly. The official gcc.gnu.org
server is in California in the US. Please let us know if you are mirroring
the GCC pages so we can note it here!
If you want to mirror the whole GCC CVS repository, ask about CVSup access.
* Australia: mirror.aarnet.edu.au
* Austria: gd.tuwien.ac.at
* Belgium (Ghent) (releases only, no snapshots):
* Brasil (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.softaplic.com.br
* Brasil (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.unicamp.br
* Canada (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.crc.ca
* China (Hong Kong): ftp.foruto.com
* Czech Republic: sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
* Finland: ftp.funet.fi
* France (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.ilog.fr
* France (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.lip6.fr
* France (Brittany, releases only, no snapshots): ftp.irisa.fr
* France (Versailles): ftp.uvsq.fr
* France: ftp.grolier.fr
* Germany (Berlin): ftp.fu-berlin.de, thanks to Felix von Leitner!
* Germany: ftp.gwdg.de
* Germany (releases only, no snapshots): ftp.uni-trier.de
* Germany: ftp.mpi-sb.mpg.de
* Greece: ftp.ntua.gr,
* Japan: ftp.dti.ad.jp, thanks to IWAIZAKO Takahiro!
* Japan: ftp.eos.hokudai.ac.jp
* Japan: ftp.lab.kdd.co.jp
* Japan: ftp.shonan.bunkyo.ac.jp
* Japan: ftp.iij.ad.jp
* Japan: ring.aist.go.jp
* Japan: ring.etl.go.jp
* Japan: ring.crl.go.jp
* Japan: core.ring.gr.jp
* Japan: ftp.ring.gr.jp
* Korea (Seoul): linux.sarang.net
* Nijmegen, Netherlands: ftp.nluug.nl, thanks to Jan Cristiaan van
* Norway: ftp.pvv.ntnu.no
* Poland: ftp.task.gda.pl
* Poland (Warsaw): sunsite.icm.edu.pl
* Poland (Lodz): ftp.fic.uni.lodz.pl
* Portugal: ftp.lca.uevora.pt
* Romania: ftp.lbi.ro, thanks to Surdu Bogdan!
* Russia: ftp.nc.orc.ru
* Russia: ftp.chg.ru
* Russia (Moscow, no snapshots): linux.ihep.su
* South Africa: ftp.sun.ac.za
* Sweden: ftp.sunet.se
* Sweden: ftp.lysator.liu.se
* Sweden: ftp.chl.chalmers.se
* Taiwan: ftp1.sinica.edu.tw
* Taiwan: ftp.edu.tw
* Taiwan: ftp.nctu.edu.tw
* Turkey (Izmir): gcc.deu.edu.tr
* UK: ftp.mirror.ac.uk
* UK: sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk
* US (California): ftp.freesoftware.com
* US (California): ftp.yggdrasil.com
If you wish to host a new mirror site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the name of the server, the path to the GCC mirror and the
country/city where the mirror is located.
Please send FSF & GNU inquiries & questions to email@example.com. There are also
other ways to contact the FSF.
These pages are maintained by The GCC team.
Please send comments on these web pages and GCC to firstname.lastname@example.org, send
other questions to email@example.com.
Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02111, USA.
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any
medium, provided this notice is preserved.
Last modified 2001-05-04.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-19 8:50 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2001-06-19 8:50 [ANNOUNCE] Gcc 3.0 released. Features Java language support Alexandre Petit-Bianco
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).