* Offering to Contribute by Writing Locale Data Converter
@ 2014-09-06 12:34 Bill Chatfield
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Bill Chatfield @ 2014-09-06 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
I found this request here: https://gcc.gnu.org/java/projects.html
* Write a program to convert existing locale data into a format we can use.
I could write it, if you could provide some more info:
1. Do you know where I could get the existing locale data to convert, in
a license that is GPL/LGPL compatible? Can I pull it from OpenJDK?
2. What format do you want it converted into?
3. Do you have any requirements for the implementation language? I can
write Java (gcj compatible), ISO/ANSI C, C++, Perl, Python, and a whole
bunch of languages you're probably not interested in. I would prefer
Java. It would take less time to write than C and the program would
then work on any system without a recompile. It would work with either
gij, OpenJDK, or Oracle's JRE/JDK.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-09-06 12:34 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-09-06 12:34 Offering to Contribute by Writing Locale Data Converter Bill Chatfield
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).