public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Offering to Contribute by Writing Locale Data Converter
@ 2014-09-06 12:34 Bill Chatfield
From: Bill Chatfield @ 2014-09-06 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

I found this request here: https://gcc.gnu.org/java/projects.html

    * Write a program to convert existing locale data into a format we can use.

I could write it, if you could provide some more info:
    1. Do you know where I could get the existing locale data to convert, in
       a license that is GPL/LGPL compatible? Can I pull it from OpenJDK?
    2. What format do you want it converted into?
    3. Do you have any requirements for the implementation language? I can
       write Java (gcj compatible), ISO/ANSI C, C++, Perl, Python, and a whole
       bunch of languages you're probably not interested in. I would prefer
       Java. It would take less time to write than C and the program would
       then work on any system without a recompile. It would work with either
       gij, OpenJDK, or Oracle's JRE/JDK.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-09-06 12:34 UTC | newest]