From: Colin McCormack <colin@field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
To: java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Implementation Q
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> Why do you want rtti in your CNI code?

We're looking at using gjc to generate stuff to store in ColdStore (coldstore.linuxbox.org, sorry about the netscape bug, try reloading.)  The current snapshot's at ftp://field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au/pub/Outgoing/cold-* in case you're interested.

It should be pretty cool.  Instant persistence for Java.  And we don't have to embark upon a huge VM project - colour me happy :)

Anyway, we were idly thinking about mapping Java builtin classes to the layer1 stuff in coldstore, giving some kind of interoperability between Java and other languages as we implement 'em.  Layer1 uses rtti.  How critically, I'm not sure.

Early days, yet.  We just realised this was a possibility a couple of days ago.

Colin.