From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: Charlie McDowell <charlie@cse.ucsc.edu>
Cc: java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com, Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: solaris cpp problem
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Charlie" == Charlie McDowell <charlie@cse.ucsc.edu> writes:

Charlie> I can now compile hello world but it isn't finding libgcj. I
Charlie> believe I can figure this one out (you are welcome to offer
Charlie> your help anyway).

Do you mean it isn't finding it at link time or at run time?

At link time is one sort of bug.  Most typical cause: you didn't
configure gcc and libgcj with the same --prefix value.

At run time is another sort of bug.  Most typical solution: set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the libgcj lib directory, or use -rpath to
compile the directory into the executable.

Anthony once suggested (here?  or was it privately?  I don't recall)
that we have libgcj.spec include the -rpath command for the linker.
This will make programs work out of the box.  Is there any downside to
this?

Tom