* socket-overflow
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 Lukas Weberruß
From: Lukas Weberruß @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Is there any known bug in the stream and/or socket implementation in the
jdk1.1.8 ?

I have the following problem:
On the source side, I write to an PrintStream which is connected to the
socket.getOutputStream() much data (>=10Kbyte)
One the drain side, I read from an BufferedInputStream (connected to the
socket.getInputStream() ).
Now if i write faster as i can read i loose some
parts of the messages. It seems, that the buffer in the socket gets
overloaded by the write calls. Or is the flush call the problem? Hmmm...

question: what happens if the socket-buffer is full and you want to write to it?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
	Lukas

* Lukas Weberruß		Tel(priv.) 	: 07143-841029
* Heuchelbergstr. 7		Fax.		: 07143-841059
* 74366 Kirchheim am Neckar	Tel(gesch.)	: 0711-685-5308
* Homepage	: www.klue.de
* Email (priv)	: lukas@klue.de
* Email (gesch.): weberrus@mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de

* Re: socket-overflow
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lukas; +Cc: java-discuss, jug-info

Lukas wrote:
> Is there any known bug in the stream and/or socket implementation in
> the jdk1.1.8 ?

I think maybe you're using the wrong list.  This list is discussing
the GNU compiler for the Java programming language.

> question: what happens if the socket-buffer is full and you want to
> write to it?

I don't know.

This reminds me of a Mauve failure we're seeing but nobody has looked
at yet: gnu.testlet.java.io.PipedReaderWriter.Test.

It looks like we're dropping bits between the reader and writer,
similar to what is being described by Lucas.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                                        Red Hat
                                                       Sunnyvale, California