public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: shouldfail'ing sourcelocation
@ 2013-02-02 12:57 Dominique Dhumieres
From: Dominique Dhumieres @ 2013-02-02 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java; +Cc: howarth, bmckinlay

> Note you don't need dwarf4 to make sourcelocation work (comment in the
> test case is a bit misleading). You just need some way to read the
> source line number info, whatever format it is in.

The sourcelocation failures are tracked by pr55637 which was opened almost
four months ago (2012-12-10). If some java maintainer knows how to fix it,
why this test is still failing on all the platforms I have looked at?

Dominique

* Re: shouldfail'ing sourcelocation
@ 2013-01-20  1:16 ` Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2013-01-20  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Howarth; +Cc: java

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
>    How exactly can we shouldfail the sourcelocation test on those
> platforms like darwin which don't support dwarf4...

This should be an 'xfail', not a 'shouldfail'.

Unfortunately I don't think we ever had a mechanism to do
platform-specific xfails in the libjava testsuite. You could certainly
add that, but maybe just making the line numbers work would be a more
productive use of time :)

@ 2013-01-19 15:27 Jack Howarth
From: Jack Howarth @ 2013-01-19 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

   How exactly can we shouldfail the sourcelocation test on those
platforms like darwin which don't support dwarf4...

   To make this test pass, one need to have up-to-date addr2line installed
   to parse the dwarf4 data format.

I see the comments...

#
# Run the test specified by srcfile and resultfile. compile_args and
# exec_args are options telling this proc how to work.
#   `no-link'     don't try to link the program
#   `no-exec'     don't try to run the test
#   `xfail-gcj'   compilation from source will fail
#   `xfail-javac' compilation with javac will fail
#   `xfail-gcjC'  compilation with gcj -C will fail
#   `shouldfail'  compilation from source is supposed to fail
#                 This is different from xfail, which marks a known
#                 failure that we just haven't fixed.
#                 A compilation marked this way should fail with any
#                 front end.
#   `xfail-byte'  compilation from bytecode will fail
#   `xfail-exec'  exec will fail
#   `xfail-output'
#                 output will be wrong
#   `xfail-byte-output'
#                 output will be wrong when compiled from bytecode
#   `xfail-source-output'
#                 output will be wrong when compiled from source code
#   `need-threads'
#                 test relies on thread support
#

in libjava/testsuite/lib/libjava.exp but no evidence of these being used
on any particular test for specified targets in the libjava testsuite.
Thanks in advance for any advice here.
          Jack