public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
From: Bodo Thiesen <bothie@gmx.de>
To: java@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: gcj v4.8.3 on Cygwin
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 12:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

* Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> hat geschrieben:
>* On 08/08/14 10:34, kgy wrote:
>> gcj -fjni  --main=com.all.alldio.dlr.main.StarterClass ./Jars/sndsep.jar
>> ./Jars/alldioutil.jar ./Jars/alldio_d2014_moreAM.jar -o diktalo.exe

>> gcj --main=com.all.onins.oi.OnlineInputStub ./Jars/sndsep.jar ./Jars/sns.jar
>> ./Jars/smws.jar ./Jars/onins.jar -o onins.exe
> Clearly it's a bug, but you're going to need a Cygwin expert to debug
> it.

Possibly, possibly not.

I see one distinct difference in the two command lines: -fjni (except
for the obvious different jar files). kgy, just to check, whether the
segfault remains: Try linking without -fjni (first case) and with -fjni
(second case) - at least that's what I would do now to narrow things down
in the first step (probably, you'll have to create a dll in the first
case for the linking step to succeed). Also, you could try to use some
Linux live cd to test, whether you can successfully run the command there.
Is it possible for you to strip down the code to a bare minimum, that
still segfaults gcj and upload that somewhere and post a link here?

Regards, Bodo