From: Charlie McDowell <charlie@cse.ucsc.edu>
To: java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: solaris cpp problem
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm sorry for having taken up peoples time. The latest problem appears
to have been an operator error.
I rebuilt gcc with the latest binutils (ld in particular) but I failed
to reinstall gcc. After reinstalling the gcc built with the
newest binutils my libgcj build completed. I plan to do a make clean and
rebuild libgcj one more time to see if
in fact it works out of the box now. The make that finished had removed
the -Mp,-MD... options in part of the
build.

I can now compile hello world but it isn't finding libgcj. I believe I
can figure this one out (you are welcome to offer your help anyway).

Thanks again for your help. I will follow-up to confirm that the build
works without modification once all of the other tools were built and
installed (in the proper order).

--
Charlie McDowell, Professor   (831) 459-4772 (w)
Computer Science Department       (831) 427-2076 (h)