* New gcc-2.95.2 java patch available
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-discuss

I have updated the gcc 2.95.2 java patch to bring it into sync with the
current state of the gcj front end in cvs.

This patch allows you to build the latest cvs/snapshot versions of
libgcj with the stable 2.95.2 compiler. This is useful if you want to
take advantage of the latest features & fixes to the java front end but
retain a stable compiler core. I have been using a compiler built with
this patch for the past week and it has proven to work well for me. It
might be suitable as the base for a future "gcj 2.95.3" release or,
alternatively, as a semi-official java patch against the 2.95.2
distribution.

Get it from my gcj page at:

 http://waitaki.otago.ac.nz/~bryce/gcj/

regards

  [ bryce ]

* New gcc-2.95.2 java patch available
@ 2000-04-17 21:14 Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2000-04-17 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-discuss

I have put together a new version of my gcc-2.95.2 java patch. This is
something of an interim update, it includes the CNI catch change,
ABS_EXPR fix, Solaris "Infinity" fix, and various other updates from
the cvs tree. However, it doesn't yet include inner class support, the
PR 80/145 fix, or serveral patches that depend on these. This is partly
because I havn't had time to merge them yet, and partly because they
seem to cause some regressions relating to name resolution.

This patch allows you to build the latest cvs/snapshot versions of
libgcj with the stable 2.95.2 compiler. This is useful if you want to
take advantage of the latest features & fixes to the java front end and
libgcj but retain a stable compiler core.

I have tested this with the latest cvs libgcj on i686-pc-linux-gnu.