public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Bug libgcj/39161
@ 2009-04-08 16:42 Jack Howarth
From: Jack Howarth @ 2009-04-08 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

   I noticed that PR libgcj/39161, where copy-vmresources.sh
can't find the mkinstalldirs, still exists in the current gcc 4.4
branch snapshots (at least on i686-apple-darwin9). This doesn't
appear to cause any particular failures in the libjava testsuite
results. Still, shouldn't this issue be fixed before gcc 4.4.0
is released? I don't understand how the recommended workaround
could be implemented since copy-vmrsources.sh has to be created
from copy-vmresources.sh.in in the build directory. It is unclear
how one can copy mkinstalldirs into this dynamically created
directory.
                    Jack

* Re: Bug libgcj/39161
@ 2009-04-09  9:20 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-04-09  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Howarth; +Cc: java

Jack Howarth wrote:
>    I noticed that PR libgcj/39161, where copy-vmresources.sh
> can't find the mkinstalldirs, still exists in the current gcc 4.4
> branch snapshots (at least on i686-apple-darwin9). This doesn't
> appear to cause any particular failures in the libjava testsuite
> results. Still, shouldn't this issue be fixed before gcc 4.4.0
> is released? I don't understand how the recommended workaround
> could be implemented since copy-vmrsources.sh has to be created
> from copy-vmresources.sh.in in the build directory. It is unclear
> how one can copy mkinstalldirs into this dynamically created
> directory.

I'm trying this now.

Andrew.

* Re: Bug libgcj/39161
@ 2009-04-09 10:34 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-04-09 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Howarth; +Cc: java

Jack Howarth wrote:
>    I noticed that PR libgcj/39161, where copy-vmresources.sh
> can't find the mkinstalldirs, still exists in the current gcc 4.4
> branch snapshots (at least on i686-apple-darwin9). This doesn't
> appear to cause any particular failures in the libjava testsuite
> results. Still, shouldn't this issue be fixed before gcc 4.4.0
> is released? I don't understand how the recommended workaround
> could be implemented since copy-vmrsources.sh has to be created
> from copy-vmresources.sh.in in the build directory. It is unclear
> how one can copy mkinstalldirs into this dynamically created
> directory.

Unrepro on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu: everything works just fine.

Everywhere that mkinstalldirs is used it is with the full path:

/bin/sh /f8/local/gcc-4_4-branch/gcc/../mkinstalldirs

My copy of copy-vmresources.sh does not use mkinstalldirs.

Andrew.