public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* gcj v4.8.3 on Cygwin
@ 2014-08-08  9:34 kgy
From: kgy @ 2014-08-08  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCJ

Hello,

my problem is that : I like compile/link jar files into native exe for
Windows with the nex command line:

gcj -fjni  --main=com.all.alldio.dlr.main.StarterClass ./Jars/sndsep.jar
./Jars/alldioutil.jar ./Jars/alldio_d2014_moreAM.jar -o diktalo.exe

but the gcj return an Segmentation fault message. I do not understand that
why, because the next command line generates the required exe file

gcj --main=com.all.onins.oi.OnlineInputStub ./Jars/sndsep.jar ./Jars/sns.jar
./Jars/smws.jar ./Jars/onins.jar -o onins.exe

please help me any words.

best regards

Gyozo Karsai
Hungary
gykarsai@all.hu

* Re: gcj v4.8.3 on Cygwin
@ 2014-08-08  9:36 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2014-08-08  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kgy, GCJ

On 08/08/14 10:34, kgy wrote:
> my problem is that : I like compile/link jar files into native exe for
> Windows with the nex command line:
>
> gcj -fjni  --main=com.all.alldio.dlr.main.StarterClass ./Jars/sndsep.jar
> ./Jars/alldioutil.jar ./Jars/alldio_d2014_moreAM.jar -o diktalo.exe
>
> but the gcj return an Segmentation fault message. I do not understand that
> why, because the next command line generates the required exe file
>
> gcj --main=com.all.onins.oi.OnlineInputStub ./Jars/sndsep.jar ./Jars/sns.jar
> ./Jars/smws.jar ./Jars/onins.jar -o onins.exe

You're in an awkward situation.  I know gcj, but I don't know Cygwin.
Clearly it's a bug, but you're going to need a Cygwin expert to debug
it.

Sorry,
Andrew.

* Re: gcj v4.8.3 on Cygwin
@ 2014-08-08 12:53   ` Bodo Thiesen
From: Bodo Thiesen @ 2014-08-08 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

* Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> hat geschrieben:
>* On 08/08/14 10:34, kgy wrote:
>> gcj -fjni  --main=com.all.alldio.dlr.main.StarterClass ./Jars/sndsep.jar
>> ./Jars/alldioutil.jar ./Jars/alldio_d2014_moreAM.jar -o diktalo.exe

>> gcj --main=com.all.onins.oi.OnlineInputStub ./Jars/sndsep.jar ./Jars/sns.jar
>> ./Jars/smws.jar ./Jars/onins.jar -o onins.exe
> Clearly it's a bug, but you're going to need a Cygwin expert to debug
> it.

Possibly, possibly not.

I see one distinct difference in the two command lines: -fjni (except
for the obvious different jar files). kgy, just to check, whether the
segfault remains: Try linking without -fjni (first case) and with -fjni
(second case) - at least that's what I would do now to narrow things down
in the first step (probably, you'll have to create a dll in the first
case for the linking step to succeed). Also, you could try to use some
Linux live cd to test, whether you can successfully run the command there.
Is it possible for you to strip down the code to a bare minimum, that
still segfaults gcj and upload that somewhere and post a link here?

Regards, Bodo