public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Clarification and apologies (was Re: Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system)
@ 2014-09-05 11:07 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2014-09-05 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: Pekka Enberg, classpath, kgy, java

Hi all,

I just to clear any possible misunderstandings.

After reading in a previous post that Classpath was not being
"actively developed" anymore, I said that it would be a pity to let
the project die, and suggested that perhaps it was time to look for an
adopter (http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath/2014-August/003270.html)

My point was that *if* the current maintainers didn't have enough time
or resources to work on Classpath anymore, then *perhaps* they could
look for a "competent successor" that could take on the job. I used
the term in the same sense as Eric S Raymond in "The Cathedral and the
Bazaar". This did not imply that the current maintainers were not
competent -- that is not what I think, and it is not what I said.

I have also took quite a bit of heat for "complaining rather than
helping". I want to say that I was not complaining. I was merely
trying to be helpful. Of course anyone is free to think that this was
not helpful at all, but I hope that at least it is clear that my
*intention* was to help.

Anyway, I would like to sincerely apologize if I managed to annoy
anyone. It was never my intention.

Best,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@gmail.com