From: "Lam.Mark" <LamM@intgame.com>
To: classpath@gnu.org, "'Aaron M. Renn'" <arenn@urbanophile.com>,
	Paul Fisher <pnfisher@redhat.com>
Cc: java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: RE: Proposal for CNI/JNI problems
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>I think this should be considered very carefully.  I would like to avoid
>these dependencies if possible.  Particularly any dependencies on gcc.

>Personally, it looks like in the core classes there will be so little
>code that the JNI/CNI thing could be handled with #ifdef CNI/JNI and
>a configure time option added to enable it.  Or a set of macros might
>handled almost everything reasonably well.

Pardon me, but isn't depending on a configure time option simply shifting
the dependency from gcc to the configurer?  I work on Win32 systems, and in
my case, a C++ compiler is readily available but I have difficulty finding a
configurer.  I may be missing the point, but could someone in the know
please clarify this?  Thanks.