From: Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>
To: "Aaron M. Renn" <arenn@urbanophile.com>
Cc: "Lam.Mark" <LamM@intgame.com>,
	classpath@gnu.org, Paul Fisher <pnfisher@redhat.com>,
	java-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Proposal for CNI/JNI problems
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

"Aaron M. Renn" <arenn@urbanophile.com> writes:

> > configurer.  I may be missing the point, but could someone in the know
> > please clarify this?  Thanks.
>
> Classpath (and many if not most Unix free software packages) relies on
> GNU autoconf to configure itself for compilation.  Kaffe and Japhar also
> rely on this, and libgjc too I suspect.  I'm not sure how well these tools
> work on Windows or other platforms or how every package handles these
> non-Unix like platforms.  Anybody with real life examples?  (I know many
> GNU tools have been ported to Win)

On Windows you can use cygwin in order to gain some sort of familiar
compiler environment with autoconf, automake, bash, gcc, g++, etc.  I
use cygwin extensively at work... without it I wouldn't work where I
do.  I just haven't had the time to finish installing it at home and
porting classpath to it, if it can be called porting because I don't
think it will take much effort...assuming libtool works anyway...

See http://sourceware.cygnus.com/

Brian
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>