public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.text.DecimalFormat
@ 2009-11-30 15:39 Keith Boynton
From: Keith Boynton @ 2009-11-30 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to GCJ, however I have been making good progress. I've
managed to resolve quite a few issues.

I have reached a problem I'm really struggling to resolve though.

I'm successfully compiling my project and have managed to resolve quite a
few "NoClassDefFoundError"s, by various methods.

However the fix for this one is really eluding me...

java.text.DecimalFormat
   at gnu.xml.transform.Stylesheet.initDefaultDecimalFormat

I have the following in my code to try and force linking...

private static final Class class3 = java.text.DecimalFormat.class;
static { java.text.DecimalFormat.class.getName(); }

I have a version of rt.jar that I know definitely contains
java/text/DecimalFormat.class that is being compiled.

I'm using the following flags:
-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition
-findirect-dispatch

Can anyone give me a few pointers as to what I need to do to get this class
included in my binary?

Thanks in advance

Keith