public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* SUCCESS! I have the GCJ!
@ 2012-04-17  5:57 Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-17  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, java

I have the GCJ under Windows 7!

Firstly, if anyone is interested, there is a very easy cygwin way to do it.

The answer is all written down under alternate 1 at

http://www.autexier.de/jmau/dev/gcj.html

However, my questions:

I have a few compiler errors I can't figure out.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImagePixels.java:103: error: JuniorJPanel cannot be resolved to a type
        JuniorJPanel contentPanel = new JuniorJPanel(getColoredImage(Color.BLACK,300,300));
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fabricated java class in one directory.  Is classpath my problem?

How do I specify a new CLASSPATH statement under /etc/profile ?

If I have extra java lib jar files I want import statements to detect, do I

put these in the classpath location?

* FW: SUCCESS! I have the GCJ!
@ 2012-04-18  1:55 ` Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-18  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, global-allow-subscribe-stargate7thsymbol=live.co.uk, java

Am running GCJ on cygwin Windows 7.

I have a few compiler errors I can't figure out.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImagePixels.java:103: error: JuniorJPanel cannot be resolved to a type
JuniorJPanel contentPanel = new JuniorJPanel(getColoredImage(Color.BLACK,300,300));
^^^^^^^^^^^^
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This is a fabricated java class in one directory.  Is classpath my problem?

 How do I specify a new CLASSPATH statement under /etc/profile so that GCJ will see classes
 in a directory, and I will not have to specify directory information at the command line?

 If I have extra java lib jar files I want import statements to detect, do I
 put these in the classpath location?

 I find also that my windows executable generated by my cygwin run GCJ
 requires cygwin1.dll to work.  Is there a way to avoid needing a seperate file
 at all?

* GCJ debugging quesitons!
@ 2012-04-18  2:19   ` Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-18  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: global-allow-subscribe-stargate7thsymbol=live.co.uk, gcc-help, java

Am running GCJ on cygwin Windows 7.

I have a few compiler errors I can't figure out.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImagePixels.java:103: error: JuniorJPanel cannot be resolved to a type
JuniorJPanel contentPanel = new JuniorJPanel(getColoredImage(Color.BLACK,300,300));
^^^^^^^^^^^^
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a fabricated java class in one directory.

-How do I specify a new CLASSPATH statement under /etc/profile so that GCJ will see my
fabricated classes in a directory, such that I will not have to specify further
specific information for each class and that neighbouring classes will be detected?

-If I have extra java lib jar files I want import statements to detect, what do
I do so that the gcj will recognise them when compiling?

-I find also that my windows executable generated by my cygwin run GCJ
requires cygwin1.dll to work.  Is there a way to avoid needing a seperate file
at all?  Is there an option to build this file into my generated executable?

* Re: GCJ debugging quesitons!
@ 2012-04-18  8:35     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-04-18  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Me Myself and I; +Cc: gcc-help, java

Will you please stop sending the same mails over and over again?

Either take a bit longer to write it properly before sending the first
mail, or just be more patient and wait for a reply.  You're annoying
several people on the GCC lists and making it less likely anyone wants
to help you.

@ 2012-04-18 12:07     ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2012-04-18 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Me Myself and I; +Cc: gcc-help, java

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Me Myself and I
<stargate7thsymbol@live.co.uk> wrote:
> -I find also that my windows executable generated by my cygwin run GCJ
> requires cygwin1.dll to work.  Is there a way to avoid needing a seperate file
> at all?  Is there an option to build this file into my generated executable?

What is the output of gcj -v?  I'm guessing you're using a cygwin
native compiler, not a cygwin to windows cross compiler.