public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
From: Li junsong <ljs.darkfish@gmail.com>
To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com>
Cc: java@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Why GCJ won't load my plugin when compiling bytecode?
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Li junsong <ljs.darkfish@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does that mean that GCJ doesn't support -C and -fplugin at the same time?
>
> Because the source to byte-code conversion is done by ECJ (Eclipse's
> java compiler) and not really done by a GCC front-end.
> Thanks,
> Andrew Pinski

Thanks, Andrew.

I want to do some optimization to reduce the allocation of java objects.

The reason why I need to compile java source code to .class file is that I need
stack information to see the information about java objects
allocation. The only
way (I know) to measure results of the optimization is to use Sun Java
VM, which
can produce profiles at runtime.

I chose gcj to write plugin to do optimization. So I need its .class
files output, but
not its binary code.

If I do not get it wrong, it means that If I want to do such
optimization and measure
the outcome, I have to look for other compilers, ( since GCC plugins
won't work ) right?

Thanks,
J. Li