public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* RFC - Initial planning for next Cauldron workshop
@ 2012-11-21 19:27 Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2012-11-21 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, fortran, libstdc++, java, binutils, gdb; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor

Ian and I have started thinking about the next Cauldron.  This
time, we are thinking of organizing it in Mountain View, at
Google's headquarters.

Dates are not yet set in stone, but these are some likely
details:

- The workshop would last 3 days, just like the Prague meeting.
- Dates: We are looking at 12/Jul - 14/Jul, and 2/Aug - 4/Aug.
- Hotels: Google can negotiate reduced rates and reserve blocks
  of rooms in the area.
- Transportation: Google can provide bus transportation between
  main campus and the hotel.
- Meals and snacks would be provided by Google.

Please let us know whether those dates would work for you.  We
have some flexibility, but we would like to avoid late summer, as
many people take off for vacation.  Also, are there any other
major conferences that may conflict?

Thanks.

* Re: RFC - Initial planning for next Cauldron workshop
@ 2012-11-21 19:42 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2012-11-21 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc, fortran, libstdc++, java, binutils, gdb

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:
> Ian and I have started thinking about the next Cauldron.  This
> time, we are thinking of organizing it in Mountain View, at
> Google's headquarters.

In case it's not obvious, this is Mountain View, California, USA.

> - Dates: We are looking at 12/Jul - 14/Jul, and 2/Aug - 4/Aug.

Note that these are over the weekend, which is when it is easier for
us to get space.

Ian