public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: JNI calling the first method of a class.
@ 2009-07-01 11:47 Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2009-07-01 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aph; +Cc: abhi00, java

> abhishek desai wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to call the first method of a class in JNI ?
>
> I am confused by this question.  What makes a method the first?
> There is no explicit ordering of methods in class files, as far as I
> know.

The static initializer could be called the "first" method, because it will be
called before any other method. An in that case the answer is "no - by design".

Chris Gray      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions

* Re: JNI calling the first method of a class.
@ 2009-07-01 11:22 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-07-01 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhishek desai; +Cc: java

abhishek desai wrote:

> Is there any way to call the first method of a class in JNI ?

I am confused by this question.  What makes a method the first?
There is no explicit ordering of methods in class files, as far as I
know.

Andrew.

* JNI calling the first method of a class.
@ 2009-07-01 10:36 abhishek desai
From: abhishek desai @ 2009-07-01 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

Hi,

Is there any way to call the first method of a class in JNI ?

--Abhishek