public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Compiling with debug info
@ 2020-05-23 14:37 Antoni Boucher
From: Antoni Boucher @ 2020-05-23 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hi.
I'd like to debug a segfault I'm having with libgccjit, but I'm unable
to get debug info.
I tried adding -g and setting STRIP to 0 but I still get no symbols in
gdb (in the compiler itself, not the program compiled with it).

For reference, here's my starting point to compile libgccjit:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=libgccjit#n60

Thanks.

* Re: Compiling with debug info
@ 2020-05-25 12:04 ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2020-05-25 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoni Boucher via Jit; +Cc: Antoni Boucher, nd

Antoni Boucher via Jit <jit@gcc.gnu.org> writes:

> Hi.
> I'd like to debug a segfault I'm having with libgccjit, but I'm unable
> to get debug info.
> I tried adding -g and setting STRIP to 0 but I still get no symbols in
> gdb (in the compiler itself, not the program compiled with it).
>
> For reference, here's my starting point to compile libgccjit:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=libgccjit#n60
>
> Thanks.

Hi Antoni,

not sure if it's the only or the best way, what I usually do when I
discover I need debug symbols is just to recompile the gcc/ folder
within the build directory using the flags I want.

You probably have seen already this page
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/jit/internals/index.html#environment-variables
with instructions on how to work with a non installed libgccjit in case
you don't want to install your dev build.

Regards

  Andrea