public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_XXX
@ 2021-12-13 14:18 Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2021-12-13 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hi,

we have

gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_int

and

gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_long.

What about

gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_long_long

and other integral types?

It could be emulated with initialized globals (and relying on the
optimization pass), but only when the binary representation on the target
is known, which it generally isn't unless the target is always the host.

Thanks,

Marc

* SV: gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_XXX
@ 2021-12-13 14:54 ` Petter Tomner
From: Petter Tomner @ 2021-12-13 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen, jit

Hi!

I posted a patch addressing long long some time ago.

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/jit/2021q4/001375.html

long long should cover all integral types on all platforms as you can
pick the result type as you want, assuming unsigned long long never
has more bits than long long :/

Regards, Petter

gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_long_long

and other integral types?

It could be emulated with initialized globals (and relying on the
optimization pass), but only when the binary representation on the target
is known, which it generally isn't unless the target is always the host.

Thanks,

Marc

* Re: gcc_jit_context_new_rvalue_from_XXX
@ 2021-12-13 15:12   ` Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2021-12-13 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petter Tomner; +Cc: jit

Thanks for your quick and helpful response!

Getting this into the trunk would be great!

@ 2022-04-15  9:22     ` Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2022-04-15  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petter Tomner, David Malcolm; +Cc: jit

This hasn't made it into the trunk yet, has it?

Is there a technical reason for the delay?

Thanks,

Marc