Also attached are the initial gimples . Looks like in the failure case the code is being incorrectly optimized. I wonder if this is a manifestation of the get_address bug, perhaps the real fix will be better than the patch I am using. I will use the latest gcc 5 branch and see if that helps. Regards > I am getting a failure in one of the Lua tests. Attached are two dumps: > > 1. bug_fdump.txt and bug_rdump.txt - these are the versions that fail. > > > 2. The bug_fdump_ok.txt and bug_rdump_ok.txt - this runs ok. The only > difference between this version and the above is a debug printf call > in this; so the printf call somehow seems to alter the code being > generated. > > I have also attached the corresponding asm files. > > > I am still using my patched version - not the latest from 5 branch.