public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Reflection for unions
@ 2021-12-12 19:53 Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2021-12-12 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

We have structs and unions in libgccjit. While structs have their own
internal type, gcc_jit_struct, this doesn't seem to be the case for unions.
This makes me wonder whether reflection is possible for union types. For
structs, we have, for example, gcc_jit_struct_get_field.

What is the reason for the different treatment of structs and unions?

Thanks,

Marc