Hi, > Do you have commit/push access to the gcc repository? No I don't. > BTW, why isn't it necessary to use --enable-host-shared in Windows? > Can we document that? That's because all code is position independent in Windows. > On the subject of nitpicking, I find myself getting distracted by the > indentation in the patch; there seem to be a lot of mismatches. > What editor are you using, and does it have options to > (a) show visible whitespace, and > (b) to apply a formatting convention? > I use Emacs, and it takes care of this for me. I haven't used it, but > there's a contrib/clang-format file in the gcc source tree which > presumably describes GCC's coding conventions, if that helps for the > new code. The problem seems to be that I was writing tabs but since I have set up my editor to show them as 2 spaces I couldn't see what was wrong. > Am I right in thinking that this installs the libgccjit.a file on Windows? > Why is this done? That is the file libgccjit.dll.a It is the import library for gccjit. It is part of the way Windows handles dynamic libraries. > New C++ source files should have a .cc extension. > I hope that at some point we'll rename all the existing .c ones > accordingly. I just couldn't get Make to generate jit-w32.o from jit-w32.cc. It looks for jit-w32.c. I had to leave it with the .c extension. > Does this call generate a directory that's only accessible to the > current user? > Otherwise there could be a risk of a hostile user on the same machine > clobbering the contents and injecting code into this process. I changed the code to generate a directory than can only be accessed by the current user. I've attached a new version. It contains a rewrite of the code that creates temporary directories. Nico