On 10/3/23 13:02, David Malcolm wrote: > On Tue, 2023-10-03 at 10:32 -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote: >> Pass counting in VRP is used to decide when to call early VRP, pass >> the >> flag to enable warnings, and when the final pass is. >> >> If you try to add additional passes, this becomes quite fragile. This >> patch simply chooses the pass based on the data pointer passed in, >> and >> remove the pass counter.   The first FULL VRP pass invokes the >> warning >> code, and the flag passed in now represents the FINAL pass of VRP. >> There is no longer a global flag which, as it turns out, wasn't >> working >> well with the JIT compiler, but when undetected.  (Thanks to dmalcolm >> for helping me sort out what was going on there) >> >> >> Bootstraps  on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu with no regressions.   Pushed. > [CCing jit mailing list] > > I'm worried that this patch may have "papered over" an issue with > libgccjit. Specifically: well, that isnt the patch that was checked in :-P Im not sure how the old version got into the commit note. Attached is the version checked in.