public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Libgccjit Windows compatibility
@ 2019-01-01  0:00 Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii

Hi all,

In my spare time I've been working on a project to give Emacs the
ability of compiling Elisp.  This is libgccjit based.

On emacs-devel the discussion is ongoing and the question has been
raised about Windows compatibility.  Question for which I've no answer.

About this I've just found this old thread.

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/jit/2015-q3/msg00124.html

I wanted to ask if we are aware of fundamental problems preventing a
Windows port or this was just never completed and up-streamed.

Bests
  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org

* Re: Libgccjit Windows compatibility
@ 2020-01-01  0:00 ` Andrea Corallo
From: Andrea Corallo @ 2020-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> In my spare time I've been working on a project to give Emacs the
> ability of compiling Elisp.  This is libgccjit based.
>
> On emacs-devel the discussion is ongoing and the question has been
> raised about Windows compatibility.  Question for which I've no answer.
>
> About this I've just found this old thread.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/jit/2015-q3/msg00124.html
>
> I wanted to ask if we are aware of fundamental problems preventing a
> Windows port or this was just never completed and up-streamed.
>
> Bests
>   Andrea

Hi all,

Just for the record, yesterday I bumped into this Chinese blog where the
guy hacked a libgccjit on Windows 10 using mingw64 to run the Emacs
native-comp branch.

http://www.albertzhou.net/blog/2020/01/emacs-native-comp.html

I think this answer my original question a perhaps could help somebody
wanting to attempt such a port.

  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org