Hi David, >> * added LD_SONAME_OPTION, done in the same way [...] >> Does this fix the jit linker issues on OS X and Solaris? > > I'll give it a whirl tomorrow, including the jit-recording.c part of my > patch to allow the build to complete. actually, I've replaced the Makefile and configure parts of my patch with yours and did a jit-only bootstrap on i386-pc-solaris2.11 with as/ld and gas/ld. Both went fine with a minor caveat: I noticed that LD_SONAME_OPTION wasn't set in gcc/Makefile. Fixed with the following (so far untested) snippet: