public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: mikel evins <mevins@me.com>
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Cc: mikel evins <mevins@me.com>, kawa@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Redefinition/re-loading [was: kawa paid support]
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> On Apr 5, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
>
> Kawa does have "smart" re-loading when you do a require or import.
> This can support the kind of dynamic re-loading you want, though
> you might have to slightly re-organize your code.
>
> To see how it works consider this:

Yeah, this is already how I do things. I still need to restart Kawa on pretty much any significant edit, or I get stack traces that disappear when I do restart it.

I don't pretend to understand the problem deeply, because I've simply done what I needed to do to make the stack traces disappear. If you want me to examine things more closely, I'd be happy to do so. We just need to talk about what you'd like me to try.