On 2017-11-22T20:57:31 +0100 Per Bothner wrote: > On 11/22/2017 12:10 PM, Mark Raynsford wrote: > > I have the following questions after playing with the Kawa API a bit: > > > > 1. Is it possible to restrict the initially available symbols in a > > kawa.standard.Scheme instance to a tiny core subset (such as lambda, > > if, define, begin, etc)? A default Scheme instance in Kawa has 807 > > symbols in the environment. > > The default Kawa environment is defined by the (two) calls to > loadClass("kawa.lib.kawa.base", xxx) in kawa/standard/Scheme.java. > So all of the initially visible names are defined by kawa.lib.kawa.base > (defined in kawa/lib/kawa/base.scm). So you can replace kawa.lib.kawa.base > to a "smaller" initial library. > > I suggested creating sub-classes of kawa.standard,Scheme and > kawa.standard.SchemeCompilation. > > In addition you need to override checkDefaultBinding from > SchemeCompilation. The easiest and most reliable is just have it return null. Right. > > 2. Is it possible to restrict the interpreter to only working with a > > single java.nio.file.FileSystem? I'd like it if any attempt to do I/O > > went through a given filesystem instance. I don't mind if I have to > > implement my own I/O library to do this. > > > > 3. Is it possible to restrict the classes that the interpreter is > > allowed to access or import? For example, right now nothing stops the > > someone from writing (java.lang.System:exit 0). > > Both of these require disabling "backdoors" to Java classes, methods, > fields. Overriding ,checkDefaultBidning and maybe the colon > operator should do that. OK, thanks! I'll try those as a first pass implementation. -- Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com