public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Exception when trying to eval a Scheme form through javax.script API
@ 2014-05-21 21:29 Weiqi Gao
From: Weiqi Gao @ 2014-05-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Hi,

While trying to use Kawa as the ScriptEngine in a Java application that
supports "any JSR-223" language, I encountered the following issue.  The
following program, which is essentially what the Java application does,
throws the ScriptException listed after the program.  I have
kawa-1.14.1.jar built from the HEAD of the svn repo on the classpath.

--
Weiqi Gao

========== 8< ========== 8< ========== 8< ==========
import javax.script.ScriptEngine;
import javax.script.ScriptEngineManager;
import javax.script.ScriptException;

public class Foo {
         ScriptEngineManager manager = new ScriptEngineManager();
         final ScriptEngine engine = manager.getEngineByName("kawa");
         engine.eval("(display 10)");
========== 8< ========== 8< ========== 8< ==========

Exception in thread "main" javax.script.ScriptException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index
0: <string>
	at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.compile(KawaScriptEngine.java:92)
	at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.eval(KawaScriptEngine.java:54)
	at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.eval(KawaScriptEngine.java:48)
	at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:264)
	at Foo.main(Foo.java:14)
	at
	at
	at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:134)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path
at index 0: <string>
	at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:852)
	at java.net.URI.resolve(URI.java:1036)
	at gnu.kawa.io.FilePath.resolve(FilePath.java:270)
	at gnu.kawa.io.Path.resolve(Path.java:308)
	at gnu.kawa.io.Path.getAbsolute(Path.java:428)
	at gnu.kawa.io.FilePath.toURL(FilePath.java:220)
	at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.compile(KawaScriptEngine.java:117)
	at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.compile(KawaScriptEngine.java:76)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at
index 0: <string>
	at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2848)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:3021)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3105)
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3063)
	at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:588)
	at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:850)
	... 16 more

* Re: Exception when trying to eval a Scheme form through javax.script API
@ 2014-05-21 21:56 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2014-05-21 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

On 05/21/2014 02:29 PM, Weiqi Gao wrote:
> While trying to use Kawa as the ScriptEngine in a Java application that supports "any JSR-223" language, I encountered the following issue.  The following program, which is essentially what the Java application does, throws the ScriptException listed after the program.
> Exception in thread "main" javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 0: <string>
>      at gnu.expr.KawaScriptEngine.compile(KawaScriptEngine.java:92)

Oops.  Should be fixed now.
--
	--Per Bothner

* Re: Exception when trying to eval a Scheme form through javax.script API
@ 2014-05-21 23:27   ` Weiqi Gao
From: Weiqi Gao @ 2014-05-21 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Thank you.  That's fast turn around.