public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* new output re-direction syntax
@ 2014-03-08 19:29 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2014-03-08 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

So far we have:
   &<{PATH}  ;; read named file/resource
   (set! &<{PATH} VALUE) ;; set named file/resource

I just checked in:
   (&>{PATH} VALUE) ;; set named file/resource

&>{PATH} basically evaluates to:
   (lambda (newvalue) (set! &<{PATH} newvalue))

That seems more readable.

I'm considering extending pipe-process to allow:
   (pipe-process EXP1 ... EXPN &>{PATH})
as a short-hand for:
   (&>{PATH} (pipe-process EXP1 ... EXPN))

It's not clear this shorthand worth it to save two parentheses.
It's also not clear how general to be.  We could allow
arbitrary one-argument lambda in the final position - that
actually looks to be the easiest implementation.

I'm working on a JavaOne presentation focusing
on named literals and the new shell/process features.
--
	--Per Bothner

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-03-08 19:29 UTC | newest]