public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Fixing typos in the Kawa website
@ 2019-01-16  0:08 Duncan Mak
From: Duncan Mak @ 2019-01-16  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Per,

We were talking on #scheme today, and while discussing Kawa's support for
SAM conversion, someone saw that there's a typo:

<daviid> duncanm: it seems there is a tipo in the manual "Such a class is
sometypes called a SAM-type ..." instead of "sometimes called ..." I guess

This typo should be fixed - also, is the text to the website available for
others to change up? If it's possible to fix the typo via  PR, I'd be glad
to do it myself.

--
Duncan.

* Re: Fixing typos in the Kawa website
@ 2019-01-16  0:47 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2019-01-16  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/15/19 4:07 PM, Duncan Mak wrote:
> Hello Per,
>
> We were talking on #scheme today, and while discussing Kawa's support for
> SAM conversion, someone saw that there's a typo:
>
> <daviid> duncanm: it seems there is a tipo in the manual "Such a class is
> sometypes called a SAM-type ..." instead of "sometimes called ..." I guess

Oops.  Thanks!  Fixed in git.

> This typo should be fixed - also, is the text to the website available for
> others to change up? If it's possible to fix the typo via  PR, I'd be glad
> to do it myself.

The text of the website is doc/kawa.texi.  It goes through a mildly convoluted
chain before it becomes the website.  The script is similar to but not identical
o the Makefile rule for kawa-manual.epub in doc/Makefile.ma.

Unfortunately, updating the web-site lags behind, mainly because the I haven't
made a formal Kawa release in a while.  Perhaps a better approach would be for the
website to match the git sources (and be frequently updated), along with links
to older versions.

--
	--Per Bothner