I noticed a minor problem: The automatic CLASSPATH-setting code in the 'kawa' shell script does not do the intended (I think) thing when that shell script is invoked as "./kawa" (leading to an error "Could not find or load main class kawa.repl). I believe a small change to the sed command in the kawa script does the trick: kawadir=`echo "$thisdir" | sed -e 's|/bin\(/.\)*$||'` Perhaps it is safe to replace the '*' with a '?', but the above will cover the case of multiple trailing './' substrings if they somehow appear. I am including a context diff below for completeness sake. Regards, -chaw