public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* gnu.bytecode.ParameterizedType does not implement Externalizable
@ 2022-10-15 15:55 Panicz Maciej Godek
From: Panicz Maciej Godek @ 2022-10-15 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

as some of you may know, I've been working on a visual Scheme environment
that I called GRASP.

Currently it supports two front-ends.
The first one uses Java's AWT for displaying stuff and handling the input,
and the second one uses a Java library called Lanterna for displaying stuff
in the terminal.

So far, I've been running the AWT client by typing

kawa -f grasp-desktop.scm

and the terminal client by typing

CLASSPATH=./lanterna-3.1.1.jar kawa -f grasp-terminal.scm

(the appropriate jar is located in the same directory).

However - since it takes a while to load all the dependencies, I thought
that I could perhaps compile them to .class files.

Compiling the desktop client was fairly unproblematic. However, when I try
to compile the terminal client (also providing lanterna jar in CLASSPATH),
I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: gnu.bytecode.ParameterizedType
does not implement Externalizable
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.error(LitTable.java:122)
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.writeObject(LitTable.java:282)
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.emit(LitTable.java:85)
        at gnu.expr.Compilation.generateBytecode(Compilation.java:2039)
        at gnu.expr.Compilation.process(Compilation.java:1832)
        at gnu.expr.ModuleInfo.loadEager(ModuleInfo.java:337)
        at kawa.standard.require.importDefinitions(require.java:291)
        at
kawa.standard.ImportFromLibrary.handleImport(ImportFromLibrary.java:487)
                                                                       at
kawa.standard.ImportFromLibrary.scanImportSet1(ImportFromLibrary.java:296)
        at
kawa.standard.ImportFromLibrary.scanImportSet(ImportFromLibrary.java:264)
                                                                        at
kawa.standard.ImportFromLibrary.scanForm(ImportFromLibrary.java:97)
        at kawa.lang.Translator.scanForm(Translator.java:1615)
        at kawa.lang.Translator.scanBody(Translator.java:1672)
        at kawa.standard.begin.scanForm(begin.java:23)
        at kawa.lang.Translator.scanForm(Translator.java:1615)
        at gnu.kawa.lispexpr.LispLanguage.parse(LispLanguage.java:117)
        at gnu.expr.Language.parse(Language.java:765)
        at gnu.expr.Language.parse(Language.java:759)
        at gnu.expr.Language.parse(Language.java:753)
        at kawa.repl.compileFiles(repl.java:768)
        at kawa.repl.processArgs(repl.java:451)
        at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:830)

I can provide more details about the compilation process, if they could be
helpful in resolving that issue.

Best regards,
Panicz