public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: Duncan Mak <duncanmak@gmail.com>
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Subject: Re: Kawa not building on OS X from Git
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I tried running autogen.sh, but there might be some path issues:

duncan@furigana:~/git/Kawa (master)$ ./autogen.sh
configure.ac:11: error: required file '../compile' not found
configure.ac:11:   'automake --add-missing' can install 'compile'
duncan@furigana:~/git/Kawa (master)$ automake --add-missing
duncan@furigana:~/git/Kawa (master)$ ./autogen.sh
configure.ac:11: error: required file '../compile' not found
configure.ac:11:   'automake --add-missing' can install 'compile'
duncan@furigana:~/git/Kawa (master)$ ./configure
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for Posix find command... /usr/bin/find
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating bin/kawa
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/bytecode/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/kawa/servlet/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/brl/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/kawa/brl/Makefile
config.status: creating kawa/lib/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/kawa/slib/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/commonlisp/lisp/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/commonlisp/testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/jemacs/lisp/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/jemacs/testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/q2/testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/xquery/testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/kawa/android/Makefile
config.status: creating gnu/kawa/javafx/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating bin/kawa.bat
config.status: creating bin/qexo
config.status: linking testsuite/scribble.html.in to testsuite/scribble.html
=== configuring in bin (/Users/duncan/git/Kawa/bin)
configure: running /bin/sh ./configure --disable-option-checking
'--prefix=/usr/local'  --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./../install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
checking for add_history in -lhistory... no
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'
configure: error: ./configure failed for bin

--
Duncan.