public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: Duncan Mak <duncanmak@gmail.com>
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Subject: Re: questions on libraries, pattern matching etc
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 16:50:26 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello Per,

About the syntax for a match macro, work on SRFI 200 (draft) just started:

https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-200/srfi-200.html

What do you think about adopting the syntax for the Wright-Cartwright-Shinn
matcher?

I've been trying to use match.scm (and its variants) in Kawa and simple
patterns kinda work, but I see that:

- matching records
- matching quasiquotes

These two parts don't seem to be working.

For now, I've backed out of using match.scm due to the missing features,
but it'd really be nice to have a match macro that comes with Kawa scheme,
following one of the grammar listed in the SRFI.

Going a different direction, this design for a CASE* macro is also
interesting,
https://github.com/axch/pattern-case/blob/master/pattern-matching.txt

Duncan.

--