public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* SXML support in Kawa Scheme
@ 2022-05-20 12:00 Prateem Mandal
From: Prateem Mandal @ 2022-05-20 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Hi All,

Is there is any library that I can use to deserialize XML file in SXML and
serialize SXML back to XML in Kawa. My search turned up some discussion
about it on SSAX mailing list and on Kawa mailing list but with no
definitive conclusion.

Before I start looking into what it will take to port an existing library
to Kawa, I want to make sure that nothing exists.

I would also like to know if Kawa recommends a different approach.

Thanks
Prateem

* Re: SXML support in Kawa Scheme
@ 2022-05-20 12:11 ` Shawn Wagner
From: Shawn Wagner @ 2022-05-20 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prateem Mandal; +Cc: kawa

My first inclination when it comes to doing XML processing in kawa beyond
what it provides ( https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/XML-tools.html ) would
be to use the standard Java API.

But while I haven't used SSAX/SXML in kawa, experience with other scheme
libraries is that unless it's doing fancy stuff with continuations, things
generally work well enough out of the box.

@ 2022-05-26 12:46   ` Prateem Mandal
From: Prateem Mandal @ 2022-05-26 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn Wagner; +Cc: kawa

Thank you Shawn for the clarifications. I will first try solving my
immediate problem using standard Java API first.

-P

@ 2022-06-15 19:58 ` Lassi Kortela
From: Lassi Kortela @ 2022-06-15 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prateem Mandal, kawa

> Is there is any library that I can use to deserialize XML file in SXML and
> serialize SXML back to XML in Kawa.

The libraries (chibi sxml) and (chibi html-parser) in
https://snow-fort.org/pkg should be portable R7RS code, and hence fairly
easy to use from Kawa.