I've been fiddling with an Android app built with Kawa, and running Kawa, and I've noticed something weird: when I make a "global definition" (in the module containing the definition of Android's activity), then the object bound to a given name is a null - if it's a 'compound object' (like StringBuilder or parameter object, or an object created by define-simple-class). But there are some exceptions: if I use objects such as an integer number or a string, then dereferencing them yields the right values. My bet is that there must be some difference between JVM and Android - and that perhaps I need to initialize something manually in order to have access to the compound objects. Can anyone help? The current source file of my app is here: https://github.com/panicz/grasp-android/blob/master/stages/retreat/GRASP/src/grasp-android.scm