public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: Charlie Turner <chturne@gmail.com>
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
Subject: Re: DomTerm - a new console for Kawa (and everyone else)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

This looks really good. I was experimenting with a Kawa backend for
Geiser, but due to the way Geiser expects prompts to be redrawn, and
how Kawa redraws prompts, it seemed like a bit of non-starter (I can
go into a lot more detail on that).

Anyway, I think the move to a web-based console is the best thing to do as well.

What's the dependence on OpenJDK in particular? Would I be able to get
away with Oracle JDK? I'm currently on OSX, and not yet terrible
proficient with it; it seems like OpenJDK 1.8 and OSX isn't quite
supported, or at least binary packages aren't provided.

Looking forward to playing with this.

--Charlie.