public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>
To: Sudarshan S Chawathe <chaw@eip10.org>, kawa <kawa@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: SRFI 147 sample implementation and Kawa
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 00:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 03/01/2017 04:10 PM, Sudarshan S Chawathe wrote:
> When I try testing the sample implementation for SRFI 147 with Kawa I
> get errors (below).
>
> I have not looked at the SRFI implementation carefully so I do not know
> whether the problem is with the implementation or Kawa,

Could be neither or both.  The implementation of Scheme hygienic macros is
fairly complicated, and if you push the limits, things may break.

>  but I thought
> I'd mention it here.  (A similar test with chibi-scheme works, though.)

I think is a case where you have to dig into the Kawa implementation of
macros, and add the desired SRFI-147 functionality.  Having it be an add-on
will be fragile, at best, I suspect.
--
	--Per Bothner