public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
From: Damien Mattei <damien.mattei@oca.eu>
To: Per Bothner <per@bothner.com>, kawa <kawa@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: syntax? in kawa/scheme
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 00:20:02 +0200	[thread overview]

i modify a SRFI 105  curly infix parser to move some function towards
macro, then to pre-parse the code on the fly at the pre-compil stage of
the macro,then use the pre-parsed code in the expansion phase. Finally
the run-time execution of the generated code will be faster as no
parsing will be done at this run-time phase. (exmple : a mathematic
formula is known and will not change at run-time ,the infix to prefix
operator precedence algorithm can be applied before runtime) . Prior i
parsed s-expr now it will be syntax expression, the logic is the same
but the code will change, instead of procedure or quoted procedures or
form it will be syntax objects. For the operator precedence i need to be
able to compare equality of some operator in a syntaxic form (like #'*,
#'+ etc...) I admit as there is no native curly-infix srfi 105 in kawa
it is already done by a parser in command line. (this more easy in Guile
but very few scheme implement SRFI 105 anyway so i will reuse this code
in the future)