public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Environment initialization on Android
@ 2022-10-31 10:51 Panicz Maciej Godek
From: Panicz Maciej Godek @ 2022-10-31 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

I've been fiddling with an Android app built with Kawa, and running Kawa,
and I've noticed something weird:

when I make a "global definition" (in the module containing the definition
of Android's activity), then the object bound to a given name is a null -
if it's a 'compound object' (like StringBuilder or parameter object, or an
object created by define-simple-class). But there are some exceptions: if I
use objects such as an integer number or a string, then dereferencing them
yields the right values.

My bet is that there must be some difference between JVM and Android - and
that perhaps I need to initialize something manually in order to have
access to the compound objects.

Can anyone help?

The current source file of my app is here:

https://github.com/panicz/grasp-android/blob/master/stages/retreat/GRASP/src/grasp-android.scm