public inbox for libabigail@sourceware.org
* 1.0 RC Test results All known bugs are in
@ 2016-01-01  0:00 Ben Woodard
From: Ben Woodard @ 2016-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libabigail

I spent the morning going through the results of yesterday’s big run. All known bugs are in. Unless I missed something hidden in the noise or two bugs that look like the same problem to me, I think that even the early results picked up everything.

19434 19433 - these both seem to be remaining issues with proper escaping of values in the DWARF. I think that you fixed some of these but these two problems still exist.

19204 looks like a problem with the DWARF reader

19141 19142 looks like problems in handling the ELF from and binaries.

19138 is the biggy. This is by far the most common problem. It triggers 10x more than all the other issues combined. I would say that just fixing this bug would increase the signal to noise ratio in detecting problems monumentally.

* Re: 1.0 RC Test results All known bugs are in
@ 2016-01-01  0:00 ` Dodji Seketeli
From: Dodji Seketeli @ 2016-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Woodard; +Cc: libabigail

Hey Ben,

Ben Woodard <woodard@redhat.com> a écrit:

> I spent the morning going through the results of yesterday’s big
> run. All known bugs are in. Unless I missed something hidden in the
> noise or two bugs that look like the same problem to me, I think that
> even the early results picked up everything.

Thank you very much for dong this.

> 19434 19433 - these both seem to be remaining issues with proper
> escaping of values in the DWARF. I think that you fixed some of these
> but these two problems still exist.

Yeah, looks like there are other DWARF constructs from those binaries
for which the name property values contain garbage.  I'll look at those.

> 19204 looks like a problem with the DWARF reader

Indeed.

> 19141 19142 looks like problems in handling the ELF from and binaries.

Indeed.

> 19138 is the biggy. This is by far the most common problem. It
> triggers 10x more than all the other issues combined. I would say that
> just fixing this bug would increase the signal to noise ratio in
> detecting problems monumentally.

I'll start y looking at this one then.

Thank you for this valuable input.

Cheers,