The attached change fixes the following two test failures on hppa: FAIL: gmon/tst-gmon-static FAIL: gmon/tst-gmon-static-gprof These tests do links using the -static option. They also link using the PIC startup file Scrt1.o. On hppa in static links, the linker converts linkage table references using the PIC register, %r19, to references using the global pointer, %dp. However, %dp hasn't been initialized and the tests fault. The attached patch fixes this problem. We need to setup %dp earlier. In the PIC case, we also need to use a PIC pc-relative sequence that doesn't use dynamic relocations. Committed to trunk. Dave -- John David Anglin dave.anglin@bell.net