On 7/10/23 22:14, Alejandro Colomar wrote: > [CC += Andrew] > > Hi Xi, Andrew, > > On 7/10/23 20:41, Xi Ruoyao wrote: >> Maybe we should have a weaker version of nonnull which only performs the >> diagnostic, not the optimization.  But it looks like they hate the idea: >> https://gcc.gnu.org/PR110617. >> > This is the one thing that makes me use both Clang and GCC to compile, > because while any of them would be enough to build, I want as much > static analysis as I can get, and so I want -fanalyzer (so I need GCC), > but I also use _Nullable (so I need Clang). > > If GCC had support for _Nullable, I would have in GCC the superset of > features that I need from both in a single vendor.  Moreover, Clang's > static analyzer is brain-damaged (sorry, but it doesn't have a simple > command line to run it, contrary to GCC's easy -fanalyzer), so having > GCC's analyzer get over those _Nullable qualifiers would be great. > > Clang's _Nullable (and _Nonnull) are not very useful outside of analyzer > mode, as there are many cases where the compiler doesn't have enough > information, and the analyzer can get rid of false negatives and > positives.  See: > > I'll back the ask for the qualifiers in GCC, for compatibility with > Clang. BTW, Bionic libc is adding those qualifiers: > > Thanks, > Alex > -- GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5